Monday, September 7, 2009

Maloney On Fury vs McDermott

Ahead of their British heavyweight title match on Friday, September 11th at The Brentwood Centre in Essex, England between Luke "Tyson" Fury 7-0 (7) and John McDermott 25-5 (16), promoter Frank Maloney had a few things to say..


"I am told there have been some massive bets among different factions in the travelling community..

"That doesn't surprise me because travellers are pretty fearless when it comes to putting their money where their mouth is.

"There is even a suggestion that someone in Essex has taken a £50,000 bet on Fury winning the fight which is nuts.

"There is going to be so much pride at stake between the fighters and fans that the atmosphere will be like a bear-pit and it makes for a wildly exciting match-up.

"It is a fascinating fight where McDermott is in the last chance saloon and Fury has to live up to his boasts. He'll look daft if he doesn't."

McDermott also had a few things to say...

"People don't realise I can box. I have a good left hand and my boxing is one of my best attributes.

"Look at Martin Rogan. He has a fantastic body, but I am not born like that. I run at a good pace for an hour some mornings and keep up with boxers of 11 stone. I train hard three times a day."


Source




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails Sports Blogs